Adventures of a veg*n.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Snack Time Cookies

I was inspired by the awesome cookies Jody sent me for the August cookie swap, so these sort of resemble hers. I can't say the specifics are the same, but it has the same main ingredients I think.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup quick oats

Preheat oven to 375ยบ

First mix the flax meal and water in a little bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the red ingredients. Add the flax mixture to this. In a medium bowl, combine the blue ingredients. Add the blue to the red and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and oats.

Bake for 10-12 minutes!

My roommate and friends said they're actually the best cookies I've made so far. Hmm.. what does that say about all the rest of my cookies?!
But they said these are the most like "real" cookies.
Not sure what that means.

2 comments:

bazu said...

Those look really good. I've been on a cookie kick lately- when will it all end?...=)

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the recipe!
the cookies looks very good!