Adventures of a veg*n.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Baking and TEV!

So I just got back from a looong time in the kitchen! First I made a cake for the party tomorrow night, but I'll save the pictures for afterwards.. for the.. "party entry" perhaps.

After that.. I figured nobody would mind having snack time after practice tomorrow even though we're having the party.. right? So I made raisin/walnut As-You-Like Muffins from... *drumroll please*.. The Everyday Vegan! Woohoo, it came in the mail today.


But note to self.. don't bake muffins in those little paper cups. They stuck!

I am SO ready for the party tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh..I can't wait to hear aobut your party. I hope it goes well. I know everyone will love your food.

Is there any better feeling then getting a new vegan cookbook in the mail? I think not!

Dori said...

I use a unbleached baking parchiment baking cup, they are great! Your muffins looks great. Wow, you make seitan at college. Sorry to here you say college sucks. :(

You're welcome to join me this weekend for a little study skills lesson.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Can't wait for the party entry! what cake did you make?? and yipee for you on TEV - I just made the Mi-So Good Gravy....and it is. :o)

theONLYtania said...

Hey Vicki - I made a cake from Vive le Vegan, the Raspberry Frosted Cake with Chocolate Cream Center, the same one my mom made me for my birthday. Except I didn't make the raspberry frosting or the chocolate center, just the cake part.

One of the saxes is allergic to chocolate so I made a frosting with silken tofu, a little maple syrup and melted carob chips. Or is it an icing.. what's the difference?!

bazu said...

Your friends are so lucky to have such a talented baker always pelting them with snacks! Ever thought about moving to Syracuse...?