Adventures of a veg*n.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Own Banana Muffins

Well I tweaked a recipe that I saw online somewhere, and came up with these awesome muffins.. they're almost healthy.. I swear! I added some big chunks of banana at the end.. not sure if you can see from the picture though.



Tania's Banana Muffins (hehe)

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mashed banana
1/3 cup soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp flax meal
1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp water
Extra banana chunks

Preheat oven to 400ºF

H'okay! So! In a little bowl mix the flax meal and water and put it aside.

In like.. a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.

Then in a large bowl combine the banana, milk, vanilla and flax mixture. To this bowl add the dry ingredients but don't overmix, and fold in the banana chunks.

Bake for 22-25 minutes
Makes 12 muffins :-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my girl love your micro. brownies so i must try this one too!

Eat Peace Please said...

These look great. I can see the bananas. I like your hee hee in the title!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

mmmmmm, muffins!

Harmonia said...

Great recipe and pic! :) Also like your new sidebar pic! Hope all is well...hope to "see" you soon! In veggin out too! :)

zenpawn said...

Look pretty healthy to me (and that's a good thing). :)