Adventures of a veg*n.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Seitan and Oat Bars

Last night I cooked up a batch of seitan for the sax party this Friday! I decided to make burritos. Everybody gave me good ideas and Melody emailed me some really great info on how to go about making this for a bunch of people. The dinner should be a success.

In other news, today I fell back on an old favorite, the Easy Pleasin' Oat Bars from Vive le Vegan, for sax snack time tomorrow.


I was in a bit of a hurry, but they look good!

8 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Indeed, they certainly do look good!!!

Hello, i'm Kleo, just wanted to drop by and tell you i like what you're doin' here!

Jennifer C. said...

I have got to try that oat bar recipe...everyone is raving about it! They really look good.

Harmonia said...

I have been having a hell of a time trying to find Seitan! ZOINKS! i haven't had it in months!

bazu said...

Your seitan and oat bars look great! I'm about to try making seitan for the first time. Do you have any tips? Thanks!

laura k said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I like it! Good stuff! I've still never made or even tasted seitan--I will have to soon, I guess. I haven't tried the Vive oat bars yet, but I've really been eyeing the recipe. Yours look nice!

I think it's so cool you're a music-type major! Besides piano, I played French horn in high school, and the saxophones were always our rivals! I think I'm over my bitter feelings now, though...

Nice to meet you!

MeloMeals said...

I have to try that recipe...

Have fun with the party! I hope that the burritos turn out great and are easy to make!

Nikk said...

Hope the party goes well! The bars look yummy.

Dua F said...

Very nice blog you havee here