Adventures of a veg*n.

Monday, June 04, 2007

German Chocolate Cupcakes!

Well.. I was pretty determined to make cupcakes tonight!

I wanted to make chocolate cupcakes.. but alas, no cocoa powder. Well I decreased the oil in the recipe (from VCTOtW) and added some melted chocolate chips. It's all good.. then I realize.. no baking cups! Whatever. I just greased up the pan. They baked and came out fine.. but now they're all sticky.. because they don't have baking cups. I put them on the nice serving platter to take to work and they're all sticking to it!!

Ah well.. I figure I will just find some forks and plates and tell everyone to eat them that way. Oh yeah and then I made coconut topping. So here you have.. German Chocolate cupcakes.

9 comments:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

You sure are a persistent chef! and your work mates are really lucky - pass out the forks & enjoy! :o)

laura k said...

Ooh, yum! You're unstoppable--and I'm sure they're just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

looks wonderfull!

Carrie™ said...

I love reading my copy of VCTOTW and looking at the pictures, but I've yet to make anything. I keep seeing photos of everyone else's and I wonder why I haven't. I'm not sure which one looks better - the German chocolate or the tiramisu. Oh heck...just give me one of each!

Dori said...

i don;t yet own that cookbook, but your cupcakes are sure tempting me to. Love the results, I'll guess that everyone enjoyed these!

KleoPatra said...

Way to improvise, Tania. The end definitely more than justified the means. This looks groovy!

Kati said...

I love your "let nothing stand in the way of baking" attitude! Your cupcake looks delicious. I actually never use the paper liners. I find them to be rather fussy, and I hate how crumbs cling to them - I want to get as much cupcake in my mouth as possible, not leave it clinging to a paper wrapper.

bazu said...

Yet another cupcake I need to try- yay for cupcake successes!

urban vegan said...

Is that the spuer natural agave icing? Oh yummy yum.