Adventures of a veg*n.

Friday, June 29, 2007

"Chicken" Cutlets!

We're home for the weekend! Tonight Christine and I made dinner. I got this burger recipe here, but made them more like chicken cutlets. Here they are just out of the oven.
Then I used this recipe for fried "chicken." I was a little bummed to fry them.. but here they are! They look the same, but it was really different!

And an inside shot!

This was the whole meal. We also made roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes, and there's some garlic bread there in the middle. Good dinner!

Oh yeah, and while I was making them I dropped the oats... all over the place.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a car! I'm taking out a loan and getting aaaa.. 1999 Honda Civic.. it's beautiful! Wooo!


*EDIT* HERE IT IS!!!

6 comments:

Cherry said...

Those chicken cutlets look good. Sorry about the oats... what a mess!

Sheree' said...

Your cutlets look so good and hey you have to have good old fashioned comfort food sometimes. I think chicken cutlets are the thing this week. I also made them from the Everday Dish DVD. Awesome!

Don't feel bad, my dear daughter spilled an entire canning jar of yummy sesame seeds on the floor, breaking the jar too. Accidents happen..

Congrats on the new car!

laura k said...

Looks like a great meal! And I looove my Honda--hope yours is just as great!

laura k said...

Yay! Congratulations!

bazu said...

Yay for honda civics- I drive one, and love the little thing. Congrats! Recently we drove from D.C. to Syracuse (about 380 miles) with the car weighed down with stuff, people, and cats, on a really really hot day, and we got home, not having had to stop for gas, and with gas left to spare.
Oh and that dinner looks marvelous... worth the spilled oats, I would say!

Anonymous said...

i know how bad is to make a oat mess! my daughther is the expert in that :)
sorry that you have that.

nice car!!!!!