Adventures of a veg*n.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Soup/PPK Brownies!

Things have been super busy at school lately! I don't know why. But I bet my Mom's been wanting me to post this, so I gotta! I was home on Sunday night and she made the her kidney bean soup again, this time with Gimme Lean sausage and rice! It was good, and my brother ate the "sausage" without knowing it haha.


Tonight I got down to the kitchen in a hurry to make brownies for snack time tomorrow! I got this recipe from the Post Punk Kitchen. I haven't tried them.. but 2 of my friends already did, and I only got positive feedback! It's kind of a strange recipe that involves heating up silken tofu, it's not too extra time consuming, and they come out with an interesting texture that is somehow both fudgy AND cake-like.. you should try it!

4 comments:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

did i ever tell you how awesome i think your mom is? i love how she swiped your cookbooks & whipped up some vegan grub during your only soft food phase. and now, she's hyped up her kidney bean soup with "sausage" -- way to get one in on brother!! :o)

laura k said...

Your mom's soup would feel realy nice right now, as I sit freezing in my office! And I have sooo been craving a nice fudgy brownie with a big scoop of ice cream on top, so that recipe really interests me!

Nikk said...

Mmm...brownies!

bazu said...

That looks like the perfect brownie to me, I like mine WAY fudgie, not too cakey. Yum! Gimme, gimme.