Adventures of a veg*n.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Soup, Sandwich

So now I'm wisdom-toothless! It hurts.. soft foods for me for a few days. My mom is being very awesome about the whole thing. She doesn't know much about veganism, but she asked me for my cookbooks and went to the grocery store. She came back with two different kinds of Soy Delicious ice cream, some silken tofu to make something (to be determined) and stuff to make soup from La Dolce Vegan! Tonight she made the Simple Leek and Potato Soup. It was really good and.. I've got plans to finish it all.. tonight.


This isn't vegan, but it's vegetarian and I told Mom I would post it. She's not vegetarian hehe, but it's what she had for dinner tonight. It does look pretty nice! Apple-Cheddar Panini.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom sounds so sweet. I love that she is being so supportive.

And..yeah...that panini looks great!

Eat Peace Please said...

Your mom is so open to learning and supportive, that's awesome. The soup looks nice and comforting. I hope you feel better and I'm glad ice cream was one of the things she bought for you. I can't believe there's no cookies or baked things in this post. I understand and hope you feel well soon.

Anonymous said...

i wish my mom was like that!

get well soon!

Dreena said...

poor you! I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago - not fun - but enjoy the pampering, and then soon enough you'll be back to foods you can chew again!! :)