Adventures of a veg*n.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Don't Kill Me!

Mom.. if you're reading this (and I know you are) don't kill me! I.. baked.. some more. I just made the Skinny Fig Bars from Susan's blog. Now I know they're supposed to be fat free, but I couldn't find any more applesauce so I used margarine *cower* They still look great! I also used apricots instead of dates just to switch it up a bit. I couldn't try them (due to the teeth) but I hope they're good. Thanks Susan!



Oh yeah guys, about the first thing. I have this joke with my mom because over spring break last year I came home and baked every single day and finally one day she came home from work and said "Tania? Stop... baking.." hahaha. And now I've been baking every day since I've been home with the teeth. But it's OK because I'm taking most of it back with me for saxophone snack time!

8 comments:

bazu said...

I made these fig bars too (and I switched up some stuff in the recipe too). They are good- I hope you can taste them at some point! Hmmm, I want some gingerbread men. I wonder why? =)
Feel better, and get some solid food in you!

laura k said...

I remember those fig bars--I meant to try them... Looks delicious!

:) You just keep right on baking--you're a baking queen! Feel better!

Anonymous said...

you have so much fun...I love it!

Melissa said...

Those are really pretty! I'll have to try these soon.

Harmonia said...

You rebel, you! Doing the exact opposite of what your mom tells you! lol

Hi MOM!

Catherine Weber said...

Tania, I'm a bakeaholic, too! We should start a support group or something. ;-)

P.S. I don't have La Dolce Vegan, but someone passed the tomato soup recipe along to me . . . HEAVEN!! It's on my list of things to make this week!

Eat Peace Please said...

You're adorable. And an awesome baker!

Melissa said...

that was me catherine ;) I love that tomato basil soup too.