Adventures of a veg*n.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Microwave Brownies?

And now.. presenting..

Microwave Brownies!
I messed around with a recipe a little bit, added oats (of course, I looove oats) annnd came up with this! Mix it all together, 5 minutes on high. I really like them. =)

I only used a round pie plate because it's all I had..

1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt

3 comments:

Carrie™ said...

I didn't think you could actually "bake" in a microwave. What a great thing to make when it's really hot outside and chocolate yumminess must be had. And the pineapple bars below look really nice. I haven't made them yet. Thanks for the heads up on Veggin' Out. I haven't been over there for about a week and I want to check out that new category.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

WoW, brownies from the microwave?! I have all the ingredients on hand, I just might give it a go - thanks for returning the inspiration! :o) HIGH marks on the creativity scale...

Dori said...

Wow microwave brownies, how easy is that. I'm going to write this recipe down and have my daughter try it tommorrow. Thanks for sharing this!