Adventures of a veg*n.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Bake-stravaganza!

All day Saturday with nothing to do? Time to bake! My sister and I took this opportunity to stock up the freezer. First we made lemon poppyseed muffins from Vegan With a Vengeance. Our lemons didn't yield quite the amount of zest we needed, so they could use a little more lemony flavor. Other than that, they're definitely fantastic.

Next came Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies from Vive Le Vegan! I don't have blackstrap molasses so I used my trusty "brown sauce" haha. They turned out really great as well! Since I'm generally a ridiculous perfectionist, I used a tablespoon measure to put them on the baking tray so that they would all look the same. My sister said I'm crazy, but I call it a success! Look at the uniformity! Admire it!

1 comment:

Carrie™ said...

Don't you just love that recipe? Awesome cookies. They lasted less than 24 hours at my house.