Adventures of a veg*n.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Dinner, Dessert, Houses

Sometime last week I made this potato chowder from Laura's blog. I used spinach instead of kale and this was great! Me, Chris, Michelle and Pat had it and everybody loved it. The boys needed crackers on top.. I think that's weird.. shrug.
Then I made the chocolate peanut butter silk pie from Squirrel's Vegan Kitchen. Last time I made it with graham cracker crust, this time I used Oreo.. SO much better! This was delicious. I wanted to take it to work but Chris, Pat, and Michelle told me I wasn't allowed.
Last night we made graham cracker houses! Here's Michelle working hard.
Mine had a chimney. And logs, and a pile of presents. And a car in the driveway!
Here's the town from above. Clockwise from left is mine, Chris', Michelle's, Pat's. Yes, Chris has an ice skating rink.
And then he ate the town.

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, the potato-chowder looks quite comforting; and that chocolate-peanut-butter-silk pie looks terrific as well - no surprise that no one wanted you to take it to work, haha.

Oh my goodness those graham-cracker houses are simply divine!! just great craftsmanship - and apparently they were delicious too, since Chris ate them, haha :0)

Anonymous said...

the food looks very tasty, i made that pie and mine doesnt turn as pretty and firm as yours.

cute houses.

bazu said...

you guys are just too adorable!