Adventures of a veg*n.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fun Times at Home

Ohh I liked being home for Thanksgiving break. The last day when all of us were home was Friday, it was great. Me and Mom are early birds, so we got up around 8 and hung out for a little bit. At 9:30 Ben came home with a 40" Polaroid LCD TV.. apparently he'd been at Circuit City for 5 hours. He got it on sale for $700.. I didn't know he had $700. Then he went to sleep.

At 10 Christine came out with me and Mom to do a little shopping, we drove on a strategically planned route (seriously) that involved only right hand turns. We zoomed past hundreds of people waiting and waiting in traffic because they didn't plan ahead!

We came home and then took the boys out with us to pick a Christmas tree! It's a little early but it was the last time we'll all be home together until Christmas. Then I FINALLY made cinnamon rolls that I'd been promising to Nick. They came out great! I'm not good with yeast but Mom helped me proof it this time.


Even though it was the day after Thanksgiving, Mom made a big dinner because we were all home. She made a big roast, broccoli, carrots, twice-baked potatoes (with soy milk and margarine!) and I made vegan mac and cheese! I actually just followed the recipe on the back of a box of macaroni noodles, but I used a block of FYH cheddar. It worked out magnificently, other than that I didn't change a thing!


It was thiiiis good! Eventually that little bit got eaten too.


After dinner we put up all the Christmas decorations. Here's the fireplace. Stockings for Mom and David (step dad,) then there's Nick, Christine, Tania and Ben. We hang them in age order! Up top is a picture of one of our dogs, Bailey, Christine drew it.. she's an art major.Then we decorated the Christmas tree.. there's Ben, Christine, and Nick throwing ting ting at it. What a great way to decorate.

Yesterday I went in to work, and then met up with Chris and Christine to see ROCKAPELLA! It was excellent!


And tomorrow it is back to school...

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

sounds like you had quite a fun break!! those cinnamon rolls look so decadent - I'm not good with yeast either, so I am in awe of your success with making them, haha.

your Thanksgiving feast sounds delicious as well - oh and FYH cheddar? the best.

haha, I love how you guys decorated the Christmas tree - so fun!! :0) Oh and I forgot about Rockapella!! I haven't heard any songs by them in a long time!!

ah yes, unfortunately I have to return to school tomorrow too - why do vacations always go by so quickly??? :0(

Anonymous said...

im happy that you have a great time with your family!! the food looks good.

Catherine Weber said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Tania!

Man, I haven't thought about Rockapella in ages -- didn't they used to do songs on Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

Come on over to my blog -- need advice on the great Christmas Cookie Conundrum of 2007. All help is appreciated!

Carrie™ said...

You had a great holiday! Those cinnamon rolls look AMAZING!! I have such a weakness for those.