Adventures of a veg*n.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Huge Dough and Dinners

Well last week I went to two Christmas parties. Before the second one, we made pizza at Christine's apartment. She had some dough rising in the oven and.. it rose too much. BLAM!
I didn't get any of the finished pizza pictures because it was devoured, but we made some tomato pies with garlic, and some pizzas with mushrooms, broccoli and tomatoes. And cheese for everybody but me.

Last night I made tofu on the George Foreman again. Fantastico! With green beens and corn/tomatoes. I liked this dinner.Tonight I'm at Christine's apartment. We had crispy cubed tofu (which I brought with me, heh) green beans and sweet potatoes. We did the sweet potatoes in the microwave on high for 6 minutes, I've never done it before. At first I didn't poke enough holes and they jumped around a little.. but then I poked some more and they came out tasting delicious!

13 comments:

Steffi said...

you made my day! I thought I was the only one whose baking expands too much/explodes!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

WOW, that's some crazy dough there, haha - at least the actual pizza turned out well!! sounds delicious!!

George Foreman grills are incredible - I love mine :0) glad to see that it worked so well with your tofu; and your vegetable-accompaniments are great choices :0)

making baked potatoes in the microwave is so much easier and faster than baking them in the oven - I "bake" squash in the microwave all the time!

Anonymous said...

Wow that dough really grow!!!

the tofu looks awesome.

have a great holidays.

bazu said...

bwah- that dough photo cracked me up! and that has indeed happened to me, too...

you are inspiring me- I have to pull out that george foreman grill when I get back home! look at yo' grill marks!

jd said...

I love that pizza picture - how hilarious!

And don't worry, we all have a few kitchen disasters of our own. Unfortunately too few of us have the good sense to take a photo of them when they happen! LOL!

Happy holidays :)

Dori said...

I have had douogh all over the oven before..... I'm glad your's didn;t escape to the heating element and made a royal mess like mine did. MMM... tofu on the george grill, I love this. Your holdiay plate looks so colorful and appetizing. Glad you had another successful semester. Happy New Year!

urban vegan said...

Happy New year!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Mmmmm, your tofu looks perfect! Seems like we always just end up throwing Yves hotdogs on our Foreman. I want some of that! Any tips to make mine look like yours? Hope you had a great 2008, Tania! Your photo is still on our fridge! Love it! :)

Carrie™ said...

I have a George Foreman grill and never use it. Hmmm....I wonder why? I'm going to try tofu on it! Thanks, you've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

The picture of the dough was a great way to end the day - it cracked me up. *happy sigh*

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Hey there, Tania, how's it going? Just dropping by to say I miss your posts and wishing you all the best!

urban vegan said...

Where are you, Tania?! We miss you.

bazu said...

Come back and play, Tania! Happy V-day!