Adventures of a veg*n.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Coincidence

Hey.. this is sort of strange. So I live in Reading PA.. I had this friend D Dieterly in high school, we were in band together and all that. The other day I was looking through my new cookbooks, and the back of Sinfully Vegan says something like.. "the author Lois Dieterly lives in Reading, PA with her family.." and I turn to my little brother (also a bando and friend of D) and jokingly say "look.. the author of this book is Lois Dieterly.. I bet that's D's mom!" And we shared a good laugh and that was that.
Then the little bro came home from school today and said, "hey.. Lois Dieterly really IS D's Mom!"

So.. small world?

6 comments:

Harmonia said...

very cool!

Hello and Happy New Year! I'm back bloggin - same place - http://harmonia.bloggoing.com.

Missed your entries while I was away! Hope all is well!

Miss you in Veggin' Out!

Megan the Vegan said...

that is wild!

bazu said...

That is so cool! Are you still in touch with D? I love little coincidences like that.

theONLYtania said...

Harmonia's back!

Hey Bazu, I haven't talked to D since high school actually, but my bro still does. Apparently when my brother asked if his mom wrote a vegan book he was like, "yes.. how do you know that?" I wonder if that embarasses him or something.

Johanna3 said...

yes, small world! :)

Kati said...

Hey, that's strange! You need to tell me how you like the book, though, because everything I've tried hasn't turned out quite right. I will be anxious to see your results.