Adventures of a veg*n.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy busy!

Ohh I haven't posted in a while.. been so busy. I'm missing out on the whole Vegan MoFo! I'm such a loser. All I have to show you is this delicious cinnamon roll from the this recipe. Like I said... delicious. I tinted my icing orange for an autumnal feeling. :-D

And tonight for dinner I made.. curried split pea soup from the PPK recipe. It was really good, full of spices. Lots and lots of spices. I made rice to go with it and topped it with grated carrot.

I thought it was pretty darn filling! Apparently Chris didn't feel the same way because afterwards he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some Pringles. Ah well, he said the soup was good. :-)
And that's all I have time for now! Must get ready for school tomorrow.

8 comments:

bazu said...

Hey, any amount of cooking you do is impressive, considering this is the crunch time of the semester!
Oh my gosh, that cinnamon roll looks so good- and it gave me a flashback! This is the recipe Daiku used to make me cinnamon rolls a long time ago (like, pre-blog! I can't believe I had a pre-blog life- lol!) I was complaining to him that I couldn't ever have Cinnabons again, so he said there you go- better than cinnabons- and they are! Mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

that cinnamon roll looks so tender and yum!!!

n/a said...

I think that's one of the cutest bowls of soup I've ever seen - I've been meaning to have some split peas lately!

Rachael said...

the cinnamon bun looks delish...nice touch with the orange icing.

Amey said...

oh, cinnamon bun... how I long for thee. Every time I see a picture of a cinnamon bun on someone's blog, I practically go crazy. I want one so badly! Mmm! One of these days I will make some for myself.

Also, I'm always a little bit bummed out when my boyfriend still needs to eat more after eating whatever I cooked. Oh well!

urban vegan said...

I love the photo of the cinnamon bun with a big bite taken out of it.

We're going to the Indian resto in W. Chester again this weekend, so I'll try to get the name for you--it's not Devi, I don;t think.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

I know how it goes! Your cinnamon roll looks perfect! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

you are definitely NOT a loser - I didn't even attempt to participate in VeganMoFo, knowing that I would not be able to post every single day; so don't feel bad :0)

ALL you have to show is the cinnamon roll? I'd say that's one heck of a delicious, decadent baked good!! yum!! that sweet treat alone is good enough for me ;0)

ooh that curried split pea soup sounds intriguing; and it has lots of spices? I'm sold! haha, well at least Chris said he liked it :0)

okay, I definitely overuse the smiley faces...