Adventures of a veg*n.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Apartment Warming Party!

So yesterday.. was the most hectic day ever. I enlisted the help of Christine and my friends Courtney and Ben to get set up for the party. We spent most of the day in the kitchen, but Courtney and I spent some time in my room because she was on goody bag duty, and I really wanted to get the curtains finished for the living room and kitchen.

Here's a shot of the living room just before the party.. with curtains!

And a look into my kitchen.. with its new curtains as well!

As for the food, I guess I'll start with dessert.
An assortment from VCTOW. First we have Tiramisu.

Cookies and Cream!

And Pistachio Rosewater!

We also had a fruit tray!
The dip is equal parts Tofutti cream cheese and Ricemellow Creme.

Hummus and veggies.

My sushi, third times a charm! It was real good.
Avocado, cucumber and carrots.. as always. I'm boring.

Pigz in a blanket! Smart Dogs, quartered and wrapped up in crescent rolls.

And bruschetta! There was also pita chips and spinach artichoke dip but those pictures didn't come out so fancy.

Oh and then.. a shot of me and Chris as he was leaving.
Haha you can see the tupperware of cupcakes he's leaving with.

It was a grand party! The goody bags had assorted vegan candy and small toys I bought at Five Below. Yayy for my apartment.

11 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

looks like you had a great apartment warming party!! AMAZING-looking cupcakes there - and the sushi turned out perfect as well!! congrats on moving into your new apartment :0)

Julie said...

How awesome!! WOW on the 3 different kinds of cupcakes...OH and you are rocking that dress :-]

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Yeaah for your apartment! Your food looks awesome - so many delicious options, including 3 kinds of cupcakes?! WoW. Cute photo at the end. :)

bazu said...

You are a curtain diva- I've lived in my house for 2 years now and still no sign of curtains.

I know it must have been hectic, but I'm so glad your party went well. Now you are officially ensconced in your apartment! I so wish I could have been there and snagged a cupcake or 2...

Vegan_Noodle said...

Looks like some great party food!! Can't imagine how long it must have taken to make all of it, especially the fancy cupcakes. Your sushi looks good, I still haven't braved the inside-out roll. And such a cute idea with pigz-in-the-blanket! We may be having a party at the end of the month and that would be fun to add!

Jody from VegChic said...

The apartment looks great and that is one heck of a spread for the attendees!

Those pistachio rosewater cupcakes are spectacular, aren't they?

I'm jealous that you made the tiramisu ones. They are on my list.

The little appetizers all look awesome.

theONLYtania said...

Thanks everyone! It's so great.. can't wait to be using my new kitchen all the time!

Bazu - Got it, curtains and cupcakes, so.. when's your birthday?

Vegan_Noodle - I definitely suggest the pigz in a blanket, everybody loved them! Just fun finger food.

Jody - You must get around to the Tiramisu cuppers! They're so easy, just plain vanilla cupcakes under all that fancy schmancy.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful flat you have, and food sure looks nice! i'd love to try your sushi... they look absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so amazing. I wish I had had a apartment warming party, but it kinda just didn't happen. I LOVE the fruit tray!

Anonymous said...

amazing!

Kati said...

Aww you guys are so cute. Way to go with your new apartment - enjoy it!