Adventures of a veg*n.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies!

From VWaV! I have no more extras for my baked goods (nuts, dried fruits, chocolate chips, oats, peanut butter!) I only had the basics.. plus some strawberry preserves so I made these!

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

I don't usually eat my baked goods (I don't know if you noticed.. but I bake so much that if I ate everything I made.. I'd be huge!) But I did try these.. they're excellent! I made them yesterday.. and then another batch today! But I ran out of soymilk so I used water for these ones. They turned out a little chewier.. I like the soymilk ones better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's smart. Usually when I am out of soy milk or rice or almond milk, I figure I am SOL. But hey...I really could just use water. Why did I never think of that!

Eat Peace Please said...

Yum. These look really good.

If I baked, I might be huge. But I'd take that in compensation for happiness.

bazu said...

Those are pretty! You have such willpower to not eat those! I'm afraid I'm going to balloon up myself!

I know what you mean about not tasting things in one sense, though. When I'm cooking, I almost never want to taste during the process before it's all done. I know a good cook has to constantly taste, but I just don't like it! Is that so wrong?...

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and raspberry are such a good combo. Yum!

Anonymous said...

yum! looks so good!
you have a big willpower!

theONLYtania said...

Hehe Megan I do it all the time.. it usually works! I don't let anything get in the way of me and baking..

Dori DEFINITELY make these! They are awesome. Sometimes I try them but I usually give them to friends. Lol my Mom keeps telling me I inherited it.. both her and my Grammy just love baking/cooking for people.