Adventures of a veg*n.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Bean Mush/Dip/Spread/Stew?

The other day I made a bean.. spread.. dip! I'm not sure what to call it. I just mashed up some black beans with silken tofu, bell peppers, onions, carrots and celery with some black pepper, cayenne and cumin.

I know, I know.. when I get in the kitchen I just mix everything in a bowl and call it a meal. But it was great! My sister made pitas the other day so I ate the bean mixture on that. And tonight I mixed it in with some broccoli, squash and brown rice for a.. mush/stew dish. Haha.

It was all still scrumptious! I'm heading to the bookstore right now, hoping to pick up a copy of Vive le Vegan! by Dreena Burton. I read her blog and the book seems great!

*EDIT* bad news! I went to B&N for the book but it was in vain, I looked at every single book in the Vegetarian Cooking section.. no luck. :-/ I'll have to go somewhere else.

No comments: