Adventures of a veg*n.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving!

Can't.. move.. beached.. whale... I made the stuffed Tofu Roast from La Dolce Vegan, it was pretty awesome! I really want to make something like it again. A lot of my family members tried it and I think they were surprised at how it "wasn't actually that bad!"

Here it is.. pre-oven..
Post-oven!
Post-slicing! Mmmm...
I also made the Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy from Vegan With a Vengeance, also awesome! And I love the fact that I have some chickpeas left over to make hummus hehe. Even though I never want to see food ever again. Here's the plate! Corn, mashed potatoes and tofu roast with gravy, sweet potatoes and cranberry relish.
The little bro, me and my sister. Just missing the older bro (he's in Spain for a semester.. it just isn't the same!)

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow you guys look so alike! The tofu roast looks great! Brings back yummy memories, but also memories of feeling like a beached whale too ;).

Anonymous said...

lovin' the roast. I've got to make one of those someday.

You really do look alike...and you seem pretty close in age. I can only imagine how much fun it is in your house! Are you siblings into all this vegan food too? You make it look so good, I can't imagine how they wouldn't be.

laura k said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your food looks so nice. And what a great family pic--I'm sorry your brother wasn't able to make it home for the holiday.

Anonymous said...

The tofu roast looks amazing so profesional Wow!
love the family photo :)

bazu said...

What cute and identical siblings you guys all are! I totally identify with that beached whale feeling, but you ate really well! Just remember that. I'm sorry you couldn't have your brother with you all.

Carrie™ said...

Oh Tania! Your tofu roast looks so good! Maybe I'll try that for Christmas. If I even have time to cook that is. Your plate of food looks really yummy! Too bad your brother couldn't have been with the family. I'm sure he missed you all as much as you missed him.

Anonymous said...

The tofu roast looks delicious! I'm glad you had lots of delicious foods to eat. You and your siblings all look so much alike. Very beautiful family!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

tania, the tofu roast looks totally amazing! and the 3 of you look so hip & fun & alike - great photo.

Sarah Kramer said...

YUMMERS!

Nikk said...

Everything (and everyone) looks fabulous!

Carrie™ said...

Sarah Kramer featured this post on her blog! Check it out at http://sarahstourdiary.blogspot.com/2006/11/tofu-roast-just-keeps-on-giving.html
Scroll down past the pictures to where she says she did a google search and click on the links provided.

Kati said...

That tofu roast looks incredible! I will have to acquire that recipe.

Cute pic of you and your sibs, too!